Operated By Mongolian Vision Tours
Do not hesitate to contact us. It is our pleasure to assist you..
Operated By Mongolian Vision Tours
from Kharkhorin ancient capital city
Discover heart of Mongolian within a week to define its charm and magic. Heartland of Mongolia bestows wide variety of landscapes with vast valleys, green meadows, thick pine forests, lava fields and rich flora and fauna. About trips around Mongolia we specialize in arranging customized tours to everywhere in Mongolia with our co-local guesthouse in the Kharkhorin ancient capital, if the tour will be departed from Kharkhorin ancient capital. Then we are kindly recommend our horse trekking tour partner that we have been cooperating and joining our trip for all kind of destination tours together, specifically tailored to your individual interests and requirements. Soon we will send you our suggested itinerary according to your tour request exploring horse trekking to Eight Lake Area and Orkhon Valley Area which all horse trekking tours destinations are carefully designed to give you the best possible experience of Mongolia.
Ulaanbaatar – Ulaanbaatar
Ovorkhangai Ulaanbaatar –Kharhorin by local bus 365km 11am and 2pm every day. Around 6 hs
● Our co- worker will be pick up you from bus station.
● Kharhorin, the former capital of Great Mongolian Empire in the 13th century. Although considered as an ancient capital, there are very few remains left from this historic place. We will visit the one of the largest and oldest Buddhist monastery named “Erdene Zuu” which was built upon the ruins and foundations of capital Kharhorin in 1586. Luckily it has survived communist purges in 1937 and was re-opened as a museum.
● Excursion to the local museum of Kharhorin city where you will explore traces of Mongolian history dating from early Stone Age to Great Mongolian Empire. The museum offers great collections of items that were found from various excavation and expeditions around Kharhorin and Orkhon Valley. Following the museum we will stopover by other sites such as phallic rock and Turtle rocks.
Accommodation: ● Overnight at the ger guesthouse.
Ovorkhangai Kharhorin- Orkhon valley 200km
● Today we will see Orkhon waterfall which is on the confluence of Ulaan and Orkhon rivers. Therefore occasionally locals would refer the Waterfall as Ulaan Tsutgalan, meaning Red Fall. The Orkhon waterfall is counted as the biggest waterfall in Mongolia due to its height and width. In the years of bountiful rainfalls, waterfall becomes majestic creating rainbows over its currents.
● You will have the opportunity to ride a horse in the valley
Accommodation: ● Overnight at the nomadic family ger
Ovorkhangai Orkhon waterfall- Eight Lakes approx. 4-5 hours horse ride
• Today we will start of journey on the horse to the remote Eight Lakes. The horse trail is pretty rough and notably harsh due to the lava stones which make it more challenging yet beautiful too. As we reach the area, we will be visiting several lakes as the name suggests surrounded with larch forest and rich green meadow. Due to the higher altitude, the area is quite cool and it isn’t a surprise to have snow in August or September.
Accommodation: • Overnight optional: Nomadic family ger / tents
• Easy day with a mild hike to the biggest of all Eight Lakes, Shireet. We will dismount our horses and continue with hiking in the area to discover its splendors and arrive at Lake Shireet, probably the most beautiful of all. Explore the area. • Head back to the host family to benefit simple pleasures of nomadic life in nature such as drinking yak milk tea, playing anklebones, enjoying sunset or just stargazing.
Accommodation: • Overnight in the tents
Accommodation: • Overnight with a nomadic family. Tonight you will have opportunity to try Mongolian traditional barbeque.
Töv Orkhon Valley – Tuvkhun Monastery 70km
• Driving to Tuvkhun monastery and we trekking through mountains and forests until Tuvkhun Monastery, where Zanabazar, the first religious leader of Mongolia, created the Soyombo alphabet. The monastery is located 2312 metres (1,44 mile) above the sea level and from that place we’ll have a wonderful view on the whole Khangai range. We’ll picnic in exceptional surroundings, facing Orkhon Valley.
Accommodation: • Overnight at the tents.
Accommodation: Not included
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|